- Regarding handling Facebook account theft cases, the account should be retrieved according to the mechanism to prevent subsequent derivative fraud crimes. The relevant processing procedures are as follows：
- To retrieve control of the account through the Facebook website by yourself, click here (open a new tab) or refer to the "Security Center Operation Manual" (open a newtab) of Meta Platforms, Inc. to process.
- Download account-related information and login IP records.
- Activate the two-factor authentication mechanism, increase the complexity of the account password, and do not click on unknown website links to reduce the risk of account theft.
- Finding that your name and profile picture have been fraudulently used by scam syndicates, you can also report it to Meta Platfroms, Inc. through the FAQ of the Facebook teaching chapter (open a new tab) on the 165 Anti-Deception official website.
Setting Procedures for Retrieving Stolen Facebook Account
- Release Date
- New Taipei City Police Department